Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 4--Galway to Dublin, Ireland

April 2nd, 2012

Last day of Shamrocker today :( 

First stop was the Cliffs of Moher...holy hell, it was amazing! Windy, waves crashing, and oh yeah, this actually IS where they filmed HP6 with the cave Horcrux...unbelievable. Breathtaking, really. Again, the work of God seen my mortals. I'm sure I'm gonna be saying this a lot but I feel so blessed. 

Cliffs of Moher
After Cliffs, we stopped at the Burrn, this glacier something that eroded to uncover these intricate rock planes. So cool! Had to watch your footing though, one wrong move and your ass is stuck with a broken ankle and a cracked skull. We had to do a small rock climb (hop-very small) because the entrance was so narrow. Damn, it made me want to go rock climbing!

Anyways, then we went to Galway for lunch! LOVED this city! Had lunch at a posh little restaurant we rando found. I love this. Just eating as small little hole-in-the-wall cafes. Ador. 

After that it was back to Dublin! I wish we could have stayed in Galway longer but it was a quick stop :( and then we had to get back moving. Sad. Nothing too exciting back in Dublin. Walked around, ate some Tiramisu ice cream (yum!) adn went back to Temple bar for some legit Irish music. 2 bands, both good! Well, quite amazing actually. Such a nice change from the previous night! First was this traditional fiddle player. He was un.real. He moved so fast my mind couldn't compute what I was seeing vs. what I was hearing. That shit was cray.

Next band was two young guys who played a lot of covers, but still so good! Jason Mraz and Mumford & Sons covers-holla! At break we left and the accordian player told us (we were front and feckin' center by the way) it was 'quite cheeky' for us to be leaving. Then proceeded to tell us he knew we were American because we sang along to all the American songs, LOL! So ador. And he was insanely cute. We wanted to propsition him to sing up to sleep but he had another set to play---le sigh. 

BTW--our 2 person room is so feckin' small, it was comical to say the least trying to maneuver around. Honestly, we couldn't close the bathroom door. Lame! But it's a hostel, what are ya gonna do?

Called home tonight, too! It was Rachel and Nicks' confirmation today, so sad I missed it but so relieve to hear she didn't burst into flames when the oil was placed on her forehead. She told me she was equally surprised -lol. Everyone sounds good, though! I wish they were here to share this experience :( Alyssa would love it here and have a coronary episode with all the picture opportunities and amazing music. Can't wait to take her here!

LONDON TOMORROW!!!!....!!!!!! Excited IS the understatement of the century! I am going to see and be in the home of my favorite literary greats--Shakespeare, Austen, Bronte, JK Rowling...*squeel*
Galway, Ireland

Not to mention my favorite fictional characters!!!!! Harry, Ron, Hermione, Elizabeth Bennett, Mr. Darcy, Jane Eyre, Mr. Rochester, all Kate Morton books...WILL HERONDALE!!!!!! *DROOL*SIGH*DROOL* My heart is soaring! I love books. My heart and soul may belong in Italy, but my brain belongs to London...and back in time with Anne Boleyn and Jane Grey and Edward IV and Jaquetta and Lord Rivers and Elizabeth Woodville...okay, I'm done....kinda...for now...*sigh*....

No comments:

Post a Comment